My lovely blogland friends

Saturday 26 July 2014

Celebrate at We Do Doobadoo

Good morning folks, another lovely sunny day and best of all I don't have to go to work. I do love crafting in the garden but you can guarantee my stuff blows all over the garden and I have to chase the dogs to get it back lol. We've got a fun new challenge starting at We Do Doobadoo this week and as always if you pop over to the challenge blog you can find lots of inspiration from my lovely teamies. There's a fab Dutch Doobadoo prize for our lucky winner but you don't have to use Dutch Doobadoo goodies to play along.

Our theme this week is 'Celebrate' and I've made a romantic heart themed card that would be ideal for someone celebrating their wedding or anniversary.


The background is made using the Emboss Resist technique, Clear EP, distress inks and stamps from Chocolate Baroque and Indigo Blu. I've added a heart that I cut from corrugated cardboard coated with gesso and stencilled with the Dutch Doobadoo Chicken Wire stencil. The stamped hearts were made using stamps from Chocolate Baroque and Shabby White frantage EP.

I've added some raffia lace, green seambinding ribbon and some fabric flowers from my stash. I've layered the flowers up over some Dutch Doobadoo Softboard Honeycomb and added a Dutch Doobadoo Laser Cut heart shaped lock that I embossed with gold ep. As a finishing touch I've added some little heart shaped Laser cut buttons embossed with green embossing powder in the corners.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Craft Room Challenge: green inspiration
Crafty Ribbons: anything goes with ribbon
Everybody Art: corrugated card
My heart pieces: wedding/anniversary
Simon Says Stamp: embossing
Sister Act: anything goes
Stempelsonne: anything goes

Thanks so much for visiting today, hope to see you again soon
Claire xx


9 comments:

  1. I love this card Claire...gorgeous colours ,textures and details..beautiful.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely!! I like all the layering and the colors you used. Fabulous design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card Claire, I like the hearts and the embellishments.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous -love it. Thanks for sharing this with us over at Crafty Ribbons this week. Hugz Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Claire - I adore this. Nikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous card Claire, a fabulous background and wonderful elements - especially the beautiful embossed hearts!!!

    Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge,
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card. I had to pin it to my Loving cards board for future reference. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, thanks for sharing with us at crafty ribbons
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card! So very pretty! Great design!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...