My lovely blogland friends

Sunday 13 July 2014

Dreaming of Summer at Fashionable Stamping Challenges

Hello there, we've got a brand new challenge starting at Fashionable Stamping Challenge and this time we're 'Dreaming of Summer'.  There's a $20 voucher from Flonzcraft up for grabs for our lucky winner and of course there is lots of inspiration from my talented DT sisters over on the challenge blog so do pop over and have a look.


I've used one of my favourite Flonzcraft stamps 'Girl on Windy Hill' for my card and papers from Graphic 45. I coloured the image with Graph'It markers and paper pieced her dress with a scrap of the backing paper. I added a background with PanPastels and  die cut the image with nesties and layered it up over a little postcard and a border from the paper pad, and some lace and gingham ribbon. I added faux stitching with a marker pen and distressed everything with a craft knife and distress ink.

To finish off I added some paper daisies and poppies, a red button and some twine.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
A Creative Romance: colours of your national flag (red, white and blue)
Die Cut Divas: button or bow
Inky Impressions: summer fun
Moving along with the times: girls just want to have fun
Natalie and Amy's: Summertime
QKR Stampede: paper piecing
The Paper Girls: red white and blue
Time out: Fun in the sun

Thanks for visiting, hope to see you again soon
Claire xx

12 comments:

  1. I love this and no wonder she is a favourite, it's a lovely image.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card I love that image it's so evocative of years gone by
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Claire, I love the way her dress matches the backing paper. Such a great shaped card too.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its a wonderful main image, it just captures the feeling of the breeze, a gorgeous card.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is gorgeous Claire!! what a lovely image, and you've coloured and paper pieced it beautifully! I love the card shape and the pretty papers and embellishments! :-)
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT!
    Big hugs
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gal after my own heart. I LOVE red gingham, it's 'my thing'. It's all over my house! So of course, I LOVE your card!!! Beautiful Summer creation and fabulous paper piecing. Thanks so much for joining in our 'Feels Like Summer' challenge at Fab 'n' Funky. Hope you'll join in our next challenge too. Hugs, Wends x Fab 'n' Funky DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Claire, Gorgeous card, love the paper pieced dress, love all the details - gives a real feel of summer.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Claire - I love how you used the paper piecing - it suits this image so well Thank you for playing along at Fab'n'Funky Challenges this week hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, I love the paper piecing matching the background. Thanks for joining us this week for our Paper Piecing challenge.
    Karal DT for QKR Stampede

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the matching dress. What a fun card.

    So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. super cute card. Thanks for playing along with us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the mix of papers and coloring
    thanks for linking up with the paper girls

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...