My lovely blogland friends

Sunday 13 July 2014

Inspired by Tim at PanPastel UK

Hi there well after a rainy start is a beautiful sunny day here, I hope you're enjoying the lovely sunshine too. Fingers crossed it lasts for my week off work. We've got a fab new challenge starting today at PanPastel UK, this time around our theme is 'Inspired by Tim' so we're all taking inspiration from the one and only Mr Tim Holtz. As always you have two weeks to enter and there is a fab prize up for grabs from our generous sponsors at Premium Craft Brands so if you've got a min, pop over to find out all the details and check out the beautiful projects from my lovely teamies.


I've had a play with my PanPastels and distress inks to create my Tim inspired tag. I began by creating a background by blending Turquoise Tint, Permanent Green Tint and Ultramarine Blue tint. I decided to have a play with the Emboss Resist technique for this months theme at Craft Stamper challenge so I stamped one of the new Tangled Fragments from Chocolate Baroque with versamark and embossed with clear EP. I splodged some distress inks (Tea Dye, Vintage Photo and Frayed Burlap) on my craft mat, misted with water and then dabbed my background into the inky mess


I stamped the bird and branches stamps with Vintage Photo distress ink, distressed the edges of the tag with a craft knife and a little Raw Umber PanPastel. I added a die cut bird cage, coloured with PanPastels and highlighted with a little gold PanPastel, adding some lace, seambinding and an Idea-ology fragment. To finish off I added some string, a little wooden bird that I recycled from a bouquet of flowers and an altered brad at the top of the tag. I used another Craft Stamper technique for my brad, applying embossing powder and some cheesecloth. I love this technique!!

I'm entering this tag in the following challenges:
A Vintage Journey: dies and distress
Deep Ocean: add a sentiment
Divas by Design: things with wings
My Heart Pieces: anything but a card
Thanks so much for popping by today
Claire xx

4 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous Claire,love the bird in the cage.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous tag. lots of detail.

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz2.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a cute tag, I like the colours and this little bird embellishment at the bottom

    Bea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Claire :-). Love your Tim inspired tag and all the wonderful details and techniques. Thank you for sharing with us at a Vintage Journey this fortnight
    Hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...