My lovely blogland friends

Sunday 6 July 2014

Roses are a girls best friend at PanPastel UK

Good morning folks, you've still got a week to enter our Roses are a Girls Best Friend challenge at PanPastel UK to be in with a chance of winning some gorgeous goodies from Premium Craft Brands. I had a lot of fun creating this project but its been a nightmare to try and get a decent pic of it, those metallic pans shimmer so much lol.


I created the backgrounds using Dutch Doobadoo stencils (Large Roses, Chicken Wire and Brick) and Maimeri Light Modelling Paste. I layered up an old zip and lots of paper roses (all those weird and wondeful colours that you accumulate but never use lol) and then gave everything a coat of black paint. Once it was dry I applied versamark ink with a little cut and dry foam and then dusted on Light Gold and Rich gold PanPastels using a brush. You do have to be a little careful with brushes and you PanPastels, make sure its really really soft. I added a little Magenta Extra Dark here and there too.


I stamped the butterflies, sentiment and frame on black card using Versamark and again applied gold PanPastels. I sealed everything with hairspray to finish off.

I'm entering this in the following challenges:
Crafting by Designs: anything goes
Crafty Creations: things with wings

have a lovely Sunday and thanks for popping by
Claire xx

11 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous Claire,love all the details.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire this is gorgeous!!! I love the effect from the Metallic PanPastels - perfect xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Claire! This is so beautiful! I love love love it! Amazing work! Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing piece claire. wonderful texture xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow a stunning creation Claire, I love all of the texture and the roses all coloured with the metallic pan pastels.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Claire! My jaw dropped when I saw this. It's absolutely stunning and the metallics look so beautiful.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just gorgeous Claire! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘MONOCHROMATIC’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, absolutely gorgeous. I keep telling myself to pull out my PanPastels more often and this is just the push I needed. Thanks so much for playing along with us in The Sisterhood of Crafters in our Monochromatic challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have to try this, it looks amazingly beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So rich and elegant - I love the metallics. I never heard of Doobadoo stencils but I'm going to go searching now to find out more about them :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all the texture on this!! Beautiful :) Thanks for joining us at CVC xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...