My lovely blogland friends

Tuesday 29 July 2014

The Magic of Christmas from Chocolate Baroque

Good morning folks, have you seen the new Christmas stamps from Chocolate Baroque??? I always look forward to postie bringing my new DT goodies but I almost stalk him when its time for the Christmas stamps lol. The first stamps to be released are two beautiful A5 stamp sheets called Snowy Scenes and Turtle Doves (you can find them here and they are on special offer!)



The background was made using some of the new snowflake stamps and the Christmas Magic clear stamp collection. I stamped and embossed the sentiment with silver embossing powder. Next I  stamped the snowflakes using Distress Ink in Iced Spruce and lightly distressed the edges of the card before matting on grey card. I stamped the image with the same ink and used a waterbrush to add some shading. Next I used a zig glue pen and clear glitter to add some sparkly snow.


 I die cut the image with a spellbinders die and layered it up over another die cut adding some silver gilding wax to highlight the embossing. I added a de cut poinsettia and a holly vine to finish off.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Aud Sentiments: Christmas in July
Corrosive Challenge: Christmas in July
Crafting for all seasons: Christmas
Hiding in my Craft Room: Christmas in July
Little Red Wagon: Christmas
Southern girls: Christmas is a coming

Thanks so much for visiting today
Claire xx

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful Claire..so elegant..gorgeous design.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous design, loving the look to these new stamps.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card. Love the design and the poinsettia. Thanks for joining in the fun at Crafting For All Seasons. DT Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely sentiment! I really like how you did the sky. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful love the image and sentiment. Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments challenge good luck Ginny ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delightful, love this card, love the image you have used!!
    Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
    Cheers Jennie DTM
    Jenscrapstoo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful scene and a lovely card. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafting for All Seasons, and good luck
    Cindy DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are beautiful. Lovely stamps and design, the subtle colour palette is gorgeous. Thanks for joining then Southern Girls this challenge.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a fabulous Christmas card, I love your design and colour choices.
    Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is wonderful! I love the use of non-traditional colors!

    Thanks for sharing at Hiding in My Craft Room!
    Samantha – HIMCR DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a beautiful winter scene! Thanks for joining the Southern girls!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...