My lovely blogland friends

Sunday 8 May 2016

Blots and Splashes at Fashionable Stamping Challenges

Hello crafty friends, it's time for a new challenge over at Fashionable Stamping Challenges and this month our theme is 'Blots and Splashes' so it's a great excuse to have some messy fun. As always our lucky winner will receive a generous prize from our lovely sponsor Flonzcraft so I hope you're going to play along. Don't forget though we do need to see stamping as the focal point of your project, no digis are allowed!


I've made a wall hanging for my DT project using lots of recycled elements. I used some old corrugated card for the first layer, stripped the top layer off and then applied white gesso. Once that was dry I diluted some acrylic paints (gold, teal and green) with water and splashed them on with an old toothbrush. I added some bigger splashes along the top and tilted the card to let the paint run. 

I repeated this on the next layer which was made with an offcut of white card, scraps of designer paper (Prima Believe) and old dictionary pages.


I stamped 'Kate' one of Julie Nuttings fabulous Prima Doll stamps on white card and on some dictionary pages which I coloured with Graph'It Markers. I paper pieced her dress using another scrap of Prima paper, adding some shading with my GI markers. I layered Kate up on 3d foam pads and added some faux moss around her feet.


I made the flowers from die cut paper flowers, adding seed beads to the centres. 
To finish off I've added lace, ribbon, raffia, buttons, twine,  a teeny weeny peg and a pretty brad. The sentiment is from Chocolate Baroque, stamped on kraft card.

I'm entering this project in the following challenges:
CRAFT: paper piecing
Crafty Catz: Girls only
Creative Corner: ladies night
Creative Knockouts: tic tac toe
 (my line is stamp, sentiment, ribbon)
Simply Create Too: Ladies only

Thanks so much for visiting today
Claire xx

13 comments:

  1. There is smothered is so much detail here. Very beautifully done and so sweet looking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning claire. I adore what you have done. So very beautiful. Gorgeous volours and layers and textures. Fabulous x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this Claire! She looks awesome with the dictionary page background - so clever!
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Claire, your card ist very beautiful. There is much to discover .I like it very much.
    Have a wonderful Sunday.
    Hugs Carola

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the sassy image Claire and all those lovely textures you have added with the greenery and flowers.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing!! Love how you have combined all the beautiful elements to create a gorgeous piece of art! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CRAFT this week!!
    Susan DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colourful textured background for your 'doll'. There's so much interest here.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love, love, love this. You have created a masterpiece with tons of dimension and the paper piecing is perfect.
    Good to have you with us at CRAFT this week.
    Hugs Sheryl DT member xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty... every detail is spot on! :)
    Great...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marvelous! Love every inch of this hanger.

    Thank you for sharing your talent with us at Crafty Catz this week. Good luck!
    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  11. STUNNING
    MARVELOUS
    Makes me cant breath
    woooowwww
    the dress all the texture the lady Image the sentiment all together make your card adorable
    luv this soooo much
    many thanks to joining with us at ATSM
    so sorry for late comment
    hugs
    Monika (DT Member)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! A very lovely design. Thank you for sharing with us at Simply Create Too - Myrna DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous! I love your combination of colors and patterns. Thank you for joining us at Creative Knockouts. We hope to see you again!
    ~ Bonnie DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...