My lovely blogland friends

Friday 7 October 2016

Autumn at Chocolate Baroque

Good morning my lovelies, the weather has really changed this weeks with some chilly mornings and some beautiful autumn sunshine. I love this time of year so I've really enjoyed creating this Autumn themed wall hanging using some of my favourite stamps from Chocolate Baroque where this month the DT will be sharing Autumn or Halloween projects on the Chocolate Baroque Blog


I began by creating a distress ink background on a strip of white card. I used Wild Honey, Peeled Paint, Spiced Marmalade and a little Barn Door. Once that was dry I stencilled in the sun using acrylic paints in shades of yellow and orange. Next I stamped in the images which are all from Autumn Poppy A4 stamp sheet using Potting Soil Archival Ink.


I coloured the images using Lyra pencils, I was really pleased with the way the sun rays just show through the leaves and berrries a little bit. I used my pencils to add some shading and grass around the toadstools and added some white spots with white gesso.


I distressed the edges with Forest Moss and Gathered Twigs distress ink and layered it up on brown card. Next I used corrugated card to create a base layer. I misted the card with water and peeled off the top layer and then just randomly applied shades of brown, red, orange and green acrylic paint. Once the paint was dry I added some highlights with gilding wax.

To finish off I added some string, a bow topped with a button and brass leaf.

I'm entering this project in the following challenges:

Addicted to Stamps: Favourite embellishment and a stamp 
(my favourite embellie had got to be a bow)
Come and Get it: Welcome Autumn
Make my Monday: No patterned paper


Thanks so much for visiting today, hope to see you again soon.
Claire xx


10 comments:

  1. What a real beautiful Autumnal creation Clair, it really looks like the sun is glowing, many thanks for joining us at Penny Black and More challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is full of life with all the rich hues of Autumn. I love the mushrooms and how they seem to reflect the sun

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous autumn creation Clair. Fantastic colouring, a great effect with the sunrayes! Thanks for joining our challenge at Addicted to Stamps. Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, this is beyond awesome. Beautiful. So pretty. I love your coloring!! Thanks for joining us this week at Come and Get It challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful project. Love the colours. Thank you for joining us at Come and Get It this week. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely project! Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge and good luck! Valentina DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great fall Project! your color combo is stunning! Thanks for join us at Colouring in Scrapland this time, good luck and hope to see you next time. Hugs Beatriz DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous autumnal creation, beautiful colouring and stamps.
    Thank you for sharing over at Penny Black and more Challenge;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous autumnal creation. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...