My lovely blogland friends

Sunday 16 April 2017

Anything Creative/Mixed Media Goes at WL2C

Good morning folks, I'm back with my second post today and this project is for our new challenge over at We Love 2 Create where our theme is 'Anything Creative/Mixed Media Goes'. As always there is some fabulous crafty stash waiting for our lucky winner from Premium Craft Brands and you don't have to use our products to play along!



I've upcycled a cheap picture frame using my Pan Pastels for my DT project this time around. A began with a coat of white gesso and then some crackle paint. Once that was all dry I applied PanPastels in shades of Yellow and Bright Yellow Green and added some brown for a more distressed look. 

The little mouse peeking out from the leaf is made of resin (from the Trinket Parlour) I primed him with matte medium and then painted him with acrylic paints from Indigo Blu. I made a woodgrain background using texture paste through a stencil and then coloured this with Raw Umber and Burnt Sienna PanPastels. I gave it a coat of gloss medium to seal it and give a little shine. 

The flowers are made from Foamiran which I die cut and coloured with gelatos and acylic paint. The leaves were die cut from kraft glassine and again, coloured with PanPastels.


I love this little mouse, he's so cute! 

I'm entering this project in the following challenges:

2 Crafty Critter Crazies: anything goes with a critter
Creatalicious: anything goes/ add flowers
Creates and Makes: springtime
Creative Craft Cottage: Dies or punches
Shopping our Stash: punches or dies

Thanks so much for visiting today, hope to see you again soon
Claire xx

7 comments:

  1. Such an original upcycling of a frame! Love the leaves and flowers. I'm off to check out this new (to me) material!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is cute:) I love the little mouse peeking out from the foliage and pretty flowers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet this was fun to make... by reading, it sure seems like it was! Thanks for linking at Shopping Our Stash this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Creatalicious, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!! This is amazing!!! Love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic project, Claire, sand such an adorable little mouse! Thanks ever so much for joining in and supporting our 2 Crafty Critter Crazies challenge. Hope you'll play often and become a regular. :-D
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful project!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes with optional birthday” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

    (DT Crafty Friends)

    (DT The Sketchy Challenges)


    PS: Sorry for the late comment, life had been very busy the past couple of weeks…

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...