My lovely blogland friends

Sunday 23 July 2017

Summer Day from Chocolate Baroque

Good morning my lovelies, my project today features stamps and stencils from Chocolate Baroque. I really enjoyed making this as I love colouring but I also love playing with paint and stencils too.


To make Summer Day I began by stamping Summer Fayre on to kraft card and colouring her with Lyra pencils. I dry brushed around the image with white gesso and also applied gesso to a piece of corrugated card. Once the gesso was dry I applied different shades of green acrylic paint through the Useful Leaves stencil to create the background, this is definitely a useful stencil but so pretty too. I added the lettering using the Seasonal Journey stencil and a little red acrylic paint. To finish the wall hanging I added some ribbon, gingham trim and little paper poppy.

I'm entering this project in the following challenges:

Crafting by Designs: recycle, reuse, repurpose
Creatalicious: Anything goes/summer
Creative Fingers: Anything goes
Daisy Chain: Floral
Really Reasonable Ribbon: anything goes with ribbon

Thanks so much for visiting today, hope to see you again soon
Claire xx


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful creation, I love the contrast between the rough background and the perfect finishing on top. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Creatalicious, we hope to see you back again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really pretty, Claire. I love the image and colors. Thanks for sharing in our challenge.
    Blessings,
    Karen L
    Really Reasonable Ribbon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Creatalicious, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fabulous card and a great addition to our challenge. Thanks for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon. Huggs from Ginny from Polly's Paper

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Thank you for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge this week!
    Hugs
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely card!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes with optional summer” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

    (DT Crafty Friends)

    (DT The Sketchy Challenges)


    PS: Sorry for the late comment, life had been very busy before I left for my 5-week-trip to Africa…

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...